Edelweiss

Owned by Mark Dye Geelong, Victoria

Hull 

Built 1908 by Hayes bros Careening cove Sydney. NZ kauri pine. Built for the Adolph Heinrich as a motor launch powered by a Frisco Standard gas engine (petrol) and was the first boat on the George’s river to be fitted with electric light. Converted to steam 1969.

Engine

Plenty & sons compound #1561.    4” & 7 3/8 “ x 5” stroke, 7 IHP

Boiler

Verticle firetube, 45 sq/ft heating surface. 76 x  1 5/16” steel tubes, 22” long. 150 psi

Propeller

3 blade 22” diameter and 31” pitch

Other

Underwent major refit 2009. All planks removed, new steam bent ribs fitted and planks refitted with new fastenings.

Click on these thumbnails for a larger view